Stirling Anglian Products
Our brand portfolio – and our product pipeline – focuses on areas of identified need and high wastage1. Each promises significant savings to NHS organisations – and thus potential improvements to patient care.
For further information about our products, to speak with a Medical Information professional about one of our products or to report an Adverse Event, please contact us
CosmoCol® (macrogol 3350 plus electrolytes) powder for oral solution
CosmoCol® powder for oral solution is an osmotic laxative indicated for the treatment of chronic constipation and for the resolution of faecal impaction. CosmoCol® Paediatric is a POM medicine while all other currently approved formulations of CosmoCol® are P medicines.
The base compound of Macrogol 3350 is polyethylene glycol. This is an inert substance which, when taken orally acts as an osmotic laxative. The added electrolytes counteract the electrolyte shifts that result from this effect in the gut. These compounds can be difficult to take as the taste is unpleasant and the re-constituted compound has a significant volume.Find out more about CosmoCol® >
CosmoCol.com – an educational resource about constipation for patients and professionals
The team at SAP has developed this web-based educational resource to assist patients with constipation and the health care professionals who care for them.
Stirlescent® (naproxen) 250mg effervescent tablets
Stirlescent® 250mg effervescent tablets contain the drug naproxen. Naproxen is known as a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAID. Stirlescent is a POM medicine.
Find out more about Stirlescent® >
theiCal-D3® 1000mg/880 IU chewable tablets
theiCal-D3® 1000 mg/ 880 IU chewable tablets are indicated for the prevention and treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency in the elderly. They are also indicated as a vitamin D and calcium supplement as an adjunct to specific osteoporosis treatment of patients who are at risk of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
theiCal-D3® 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablet is the first product designed to provide the lowest effective dose of calcium 1000mg per day combined with a dose of vitamin D in excess of the 800 IU recommended in combination to maintain bone health.
- An estimated 3 million people in the UK suffer from osteoporosis2
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men over the age of 50 are likely to suffer a fragility fracture2
- 85% of people who have had a fragility fracture worry about having another fracture2
- By age 75 around half the population will have osteoporosis as measured by bone density scan2
- Older people who are at risk of falling are more likely to have fractures, especially of the hip, after age 75. Hip fracture incidence in the UK is predicted to be 91,500 per year by 20153
- There are an estimated 300,000 osteoporotic fractures every year in the UK. That is almost 1 fracture every 2 minutes2
- These fractures cost the NHS and UK economy over £1.8 billion each year3
- Only 25% of adults are familiar with the term ‘osteoporosis’2
1, Evaluation of the Scale, Causes and Costs of Waste Medicines Final Report
2, Life with Osteoporosis: the untold story.
3, NICE guidelines [CG146]
Stirling Anglian Pharmaceuticals: Value based solutions