The information on this page is intended for use by healthcare professionals only.
CosmoCol® powder for oral solution (macrogol 3350, sodium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium chloride).
CosmoCol® is a laxative indicated for the treatment of chronic constipation and for resolving faecal impaction. CosmoCol® contains:
- macrogol 3350 13.125g
- sodium chloride 350.7mg
- sodium hydrogen carbonate 178.5mg
- potassium chloride 46.6mg
The CosmoCol® products are chemically similar to competitor products but have different flavours that aim to make them more palatable. CosmoCol® is available with the following flavour options and CosmoCol® is now in stock at all major wholesalers following granting of Marketing Authorisation on 15th May 2014. All have been added to dm+d , EMC, GP prescribing systems and pharmacy dispensing software. The indication for the treatment of faecal impaction was added, after approval, on 20th November 2014.
For further information about our products, to speak with a Medical Information professional about one of our products or to report an Adverse Event, please contact us
Patient Information Leaflets and Summary of Product Characteristics
- CosmoCol® orange, lemon and lime (PIL)
- CosmoCol® orange, lemon and lime flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® orange (PIL)
- CosmoCol® orange flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® lemon and lime (PIL)
- CosmoCol® lemon and lime flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® Half 6.9g (PIL)
- CosmoCol® Half 6.9g powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® Paediatric 6.9g (PIL)
- CosmoCol® Paediatric 6.9g powder for oral solution (SPC)