The information on this page is intended for use by healthcare professionals only.
CosmoCol® powder for oral solution (macrogol 3350, sodium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium chloride).
CosmoCol® is a laxative indicated for the treatment of chronic constipation and for resolving faecal impaction. CosmoCol® contains:
- macrogol 3350 13.125g
- sodium chloride 350.7mg
- sodium hydrogen carbonate 178.5mg
- potassium chloride 46.6mg
The CosmoCol® products are chemically similar to competitor products but have different flavours that aim to make them more palatable. CosmoCol® is available with the following flavour options and CosmoCol® is now in stock at all major wholesalers following granting of Marketing Authorisation on 15th May 2014. All have been added to dm+d , EMC, GP prescribing systems and pharmacy dispensing software. The indication for the treatment of faecal impaction was added, after approval, on 20th November 2014.
Available from major wholesalers – AAH, Alliance Healthcare, Phoenix.
For further information about our products, to speak with a Medical Information professional about one of our products or to report an Adverse Event, please contact us
Patient Information Leaflets and Summary of Product Characteristics
- CosmoCol® orange, lemon and lime (PIL)
- CosmoCol® orange, lemon and lime flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® orange (PIL)
- CosmoCol® orange flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® lemon and lime (PIL)
- CosmoCol® lemon and lime flavour powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® Half 6.9g (PIL)
- CosmoCol® Half 6.9g powder for oral solution (SPC)
- CosmoCol® Paediatric 6.9g (PIL)
- CosmoCol® Paediatric 6.9g powder for oral solution (SPC)