theiCal-D3® 1000mg/880 IU chewable tablets.
theiCal-D3® 1000 mg/ 880 IU chewable tablets are indicated for the prevention and treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency in the elderly. They are also indicated as a vitamin D and calcium supplement as an adjunct to specific osteoporosis treatment of patients who are at risk of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
theiCal-D3® 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablet is the first product designed to provide the lowest effective dose of calcium 1000mg per day combined with a dose of vitamin D in excess of the 800 IU recommended in combination to maintain bone health.
- An estimated 3 million people in the UK suffer from osteoporosis1
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men over the age of 50 are likely to suffer a fragility fracture1
- 85% of people who have had a fragility fracture worry about having another fracture1
- By age 75 around half the population will have osteoporosis as measured by bone density scan1
- Older people who are at risk of falling are more likely to have fractures, especially of the hip, after age 75. Hip fracture incidence in the UK is predicted to be 91,500 per year by 20152
- There are an estimated 300,000 osteoporotic fractures every year in the UK. That is almost 1 fracture every 2 minutes1
- These fractures cost the NHS and UK economy over £1.8 billion each year2
- Only 25% of adults are familiar with the term ‘osteoporosis’1
1, Life with Osteoporosis: the untold story.
2, NICE guidelines [CG146]
Stirling Anglian Pharmaceuticals: Value based solutions